Apply for the Summer Session
International House offers a welcoming community of approximately 700 students and interns from around the globe and provides a wide variety of programs and activities. Facilities include a dining room, gymnasium, fitness center, computer lab, music practice rooms and study centers.
- Full-time students enrolled within 6 months of the summer session
- Full-time interns or trainees
- Visiting scholars with an invitation from an NYC area academic institution
- From any country, including the United States
- 18 years of age and older
Summer applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and eligibility requirements differ from those during the academic year.
To apply to International House for any period during the summer session 2017 (May 17 to August 11), please submit all the materials described below when you apply online.
As you walk through the application portal you will be asked to submit the following:
Your name, address, date of birth, etc.
You will indicate your preferences in order. Please explore our room types.
Verification of status may include:
- acceptance letter for the upcoming or current semester OR
- registrar’s statement indicating full-time enrollment OR
- signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
For Interns and Trainees
- a letter from the organization or company indicating full-time status including your salary and the beginning and ending dates of your internship or training program
For Visiting Scholars
- a letter from your university or institution which states the full-time nature of your research OR – signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
Verification of financial information may include:
- a copy of your financial aid package from your university OR
- signed I-20 OR
- a letter from your sponsoring organization OR
- a copy of your bank statement OR
- a letter from your employer stating your salary OR
- an affidavit of support (click to download the PDF) from your parents or sponsor.
Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
I-House Terms & Conditions (cancellation policy, guest policy)
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office: Phone: (212) 316-8436 · Email: email@example.com
Office hours: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (E.S.T.), Monday through Friday.