I-House Logo

RSS Home Page

Resident Support Services

International House, through the Office of Programs & Resident Life, offers community members access to a wide variety of support services.  A Resident Support Services (RSS) Team, which consists of a Resident Social Worker, 4 Peer Counselor Fellows, and 27 Resident Fellows are available to assist resident members with any concerns s/he might have while living at International House. No question or problem is too big or too small. If a team member cannot answer your question or help you, s/he will refer you to someone who can. Hundreds of resident members benefit from these support services every year. All of their services are confidential and free.

Counseling Services

The Peer Counselor Fellows and the Resident Social Worker are available 24 hours per day to assist you with your overall health and well-being. They have extensive training in various areas including, but not limited to mental health and suicide, sexual assault and harassment, sexual health, substance abuse, crisis-management, stress management and conflict resolution. By request, they can provide resident members with information and/or referrals for providers and services outside of International House. 

  • RSS Team Home Page

    RSS Team Home Page

    Login required for RSS Team Members
  • Health and Wellness
  • Peer Counselor Fellows

    Peer Counselor Fellows

    Bios and Contact Information
  • RSS Resources

    RSS Resources

    Helpful Links
  • The Resident Support Services (RSS) team at I-House encourages residents to be actively involved with the community and helps resident members make new friends and develop natural supports for use here and in the future.

    To arrange a meeting, counseling session, or to speak with one of them directly:

    • simply approach them in the House,
    • ask your Resident Fellow,
    • connect with them by email
    • or dial “0” on any House phone, and ask the International House operator to connect you to a Peer Counselor or the Resident Social Worker.

    If you are in an urgent situation please call the Claremont Desk by pressing 0 on any I-House phone or call (212) 316-8448 and ask to speak to the House Manager or On-Call Peer Counselor

    Updated 8/24/16