Thank you for choosing International House for your guest accommodations! International House is a vibrant community of more than 700 graduate students and interns who represent more than 100 countries each year.
Living Room of Guest Suite
International House has eleven (11) furnished guest rooms/suites which are available for short-term stays year round. We welcome International House alumni, guests of current residents as well as individuals and groups. Each guest room and suite provides the following:
- In-room telephone service (all calls billed separately)
- Private bathroom
- Plasma cable television
- Small refrigerator
- Housekeeping service
- Hair dryer
- Linens (sheets, towels, pillows and blankets)
Guests of International House are welcome and encouraged to use the facilities and services at International House during their stay. These facilities and services include:
- Cafeteria-style dining room
- 24-hour security
- Laundry room
- Coin-operated copy machine
- Weekly social and cultural activities
- A Pub with dancing
- Vending machines
- Indoor basketball court
The following facilities are for use by International House resident members only:
- Music practice rooms
- Fitness center
- Resident kitchen
|$210 with a cot
Alumni of International House, defined as those who have lived at International House for at least 30 consecutive days, are eligible for a discount on all guest room and guest suite stays.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- International House does not charge taxes or service charges.
- Discount rates are available to alumni of International House.
- Check-in time is 2:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am on the day of departure.
Making a Reservation for Guest Rooms/Suites
You may request accommodations by phone at (212) 316-8473 Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- All requests are subject to availability and all reservations must be guaranteed with a valid Visa or MasterCard at the time the reservation is being made. A reservation cannot be made without a valid Visa or MasterCard.
- Once a reservation is made you will receive a confirmation from the Office of Resident & Auxiliary Services via e-mail. Please review this confirmation carefully.
- Please note: Since demand often exceeds availability, especially on holidays and weekends, we ask that you please make reservations in advance.
- Alumni: please make sure to identify yourself as alumnus/a of the House when making your reservation in order to receive your discount.
Guest Cancellation Policy
Any changes or cancellations must be made seven (7) business days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty equal to the amount of one night's stay. There are no exceptions to the cancellation policy.
Accommodations in Resident Rooms
During the summer months (May through August) a limited number of single occupancy student rooms with a shared bathroom on the floor ($70 per night) or double occupancy studio or one bedroom apartments ($105 per night) are available for a maximum of 20 nights. A discount applies to alumni of International House. A minimum age of 18 is required. Please note that reservations for short-term stays (20 nights or less) in student rooms can only be made 10 days or fewer prior to arrival. Please note that the student rooms/apartments are not air conditioned and do not come with housekeeping service.
To make a reservation for a resident room, please contact the Admissions Office by phone at (212) 316-8436, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
For stays of more than 20 nights, please contact the Admissions Office or visit our application page.