Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic International House is not open for short-term Guest Accommodations and Summer student housing.
In addition to residential rooms for the academic year, I-House offers short-term Guest Accommodations and Summer student housing.
Conveniently located near premier Upper Manhattan attractions, including Columbia University, Riverside Park and the world-famous Apollo Theater, and just steps away from public transportation, I-House is a safe and welcoming environment in an historic New York landmark.
To be eligible for guest accommodations, applicants must meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Alumni* of International House NYC
- Family member of a current Resident
- I-House program speaker or participant
- Staff or Alumni of International Houses worldwide
- Scholars and interns visiting NYC for short-term projects (Scroll down for more information)
*Alumni are defined as those who have lived at International House for at least 30 consecutive days.
I-House offers 5 comfortably furnished guest rooms or suites year-round. Each include:
- Queen bed
- Private bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Basic Cable
- Housekeeping services
- Safe in room
- Iron/Ironing board
- Toiletries: soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion
- Folding cots available upon request
Guests also enjoy access to many I-House amenities:
- 24-hour Security
- Cafeteria-style Dining Room
- Laundry Room
- Onsite Pub with Dance Floor and Game Room
- Fitness Center (*must be 18 years of age or older)
- Indoor Basketball Court
- Weekly Social and Cultural Events
Effective September 1, 2019
Note: International House does not charge taxes or service charges.
|Rates are per night
|Single (1 person)||$210||$250|
|Double (2 people)||$230||$270|
|Triple (3 people)||$250||$295|
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am on the day of departure. Check-in time is 2:00 pm on the day of arrival. We are unable to accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs.
To make a reservation, call Guest Services at (212) 316-8454 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm EST or email us. All reservation requests are subject to availability and must be guaranteed with a valid Visa or MasterCard at the time of booking.
Guest Cancellation Policy
Any changes or cancellations must be made seven (7) business days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty equal to the amount of one night’s stay.
Summer Session – Affordable Student Housing
From May through August, a number of simply furnished Resident rooms become available to individuals traveling to New York for the purpose of study, scholarly work, or an internship. Temporary Residents must be enrolled in an educational program or internship in NYC to be eligible for these accommodations. Temporary Residents may stay for a maximum of 20 nights per stay.
Rates for Residents’ Quarters
- Single Occupancy Room with shared bathroom: $70
- Double Occupancy Studio: $105
- 1BR Apartment with private bathroom: $105
Discount rates are available to International House Alumni.*
International House does not charge taxes or service charges.
Air conditioning is not included in these quarters but is available for an additional charge.
Restrictions apply for summer stays:
- Occupants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Occupants must be enrolled in a local program of study or interning for a local business or organization.
- Rooms can only be reserved 10 days or less in advance.
- Housekeeping services are not included.
All reservation requests are subject to availability and must be guaranteed with a valid Visa or MasterCard at the time of booking. Proof of enrollment or internship will be required.
To Reserve a Resident room at the Summer rate, please contact the Admissions Office by phone at (212) 316-8436, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.