In addition to residential rooms, I-House offers short-term accommodations for visitors to New York with an affiliation with I-House or its mission to promote multidisciplinary education and cross-cultural exchange.
To be eligible, guests must meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Alumni of I-House*
- Family member of a current Resident
- I-House program speaker or participant
- Affiliate of International Houses Worldwide
- Scholars and interns visiting NYC for short-term projects (Scroll down for more information)
Conveniently located near premier Upper Manhattan attractions, including Columbia University, Riverside Park and the world famous Apollo Theater, and just steps away from public transportation, I-House offers guest accommodations in a safe and welcoming environment of a historic New York landmark.
I-House offers 11 comfortably furnished guest rooms or suites year-round. Each include:
- Air conditioning
- In-room telephone service (calls billed separately)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Cable television
- Compact refrigerator
- Housekeeping service
As members of the I-House community, Guests also enjoy access to many I-House amenities:
- 24-hour Security
- Cafeteria-style Dining Room
- Laundry Room
- Onsite Pub with Dance Floor and Game Room
- Fitness Center (*must be 18 years of age or older)
- Indoor Basketball Court
- Weekly Social and Cultural Events
Effective January 1, 2019
Note: International House does not charge taxes or service charges.
|Occupancy Type||Room||Suite Room|
|Alumni or Group|
Discounted rates are available to Affiliates of International Houses worldwide: Staff, current Residents, and Alumni*
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am on the day of departure. Check-in time is 2:00 pm on the day of arrival.
To make a reservation, call (212) 316-8454 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm EST or email us. All reservation requests are subject to availability and must be guaranteed with a valid Visa or MasterCard at the time of booking.
Guest Cancellation Policy
Any changes or cancellations must be made seven (7) business days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty equal to the amount of one night’s stay.
Budget Friendly Summers
Are you coming to NYC for study, work, or an internship? From May through August, a limited number of simply furnished Resident rooms become available. Guests must be enrolled in an educational program or internship in NYC to be eligible for these accommodations. Guests may stay for a maximum of 20 nights per stay.
- Single Occupancy Room with shared bathroom: $70
- Double Occupancy Studio: $105
- 1BR Apartment with private bathroom: $105
Discount rates are available to International House Alumni.*
International House does not charge taxes or service charges.
Air conditioning is not included but is available for an additional charge.
Restrictions apply for summer stays:
- Occupants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Occupants must be enrolled in a local program of study or interning for a local business or organization.
- Rooms can only be reserved 10 days or less in advance.
- Housekeeping services are not included.
All reservation requests are subject to availability and must be guaranteed with a valid Visa or MasterCard at the time of booking. Proof of enrollment or internship will be required.
To Reserve a Resident room at the summer rate, please contact the Admissions Office by phone at (212) 316-8436, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*International House Alumni are defined as those who have lived at International House for at least 30 consecutive days.