Graduate Student Housing NYC. International Student Housing New York City
Admission to International House is selective. Applicants are reviewed on individual merit, commitment to the International House mission, and a willingness to share their time and talent with the I-House community through its varied programs. The Admissions Committee selects residents representing as many countries, cultures, fields of study and institutions as possible and seeks approximately one-third U.S. residents. Each year we typically are able to admit 1 out of every 3 applications. We encourage all to apply!
• Full-time graduate student enrolled each semester
• Full-time intern or trainee*
• Visiting scholar with an invitation from an NYC area academic institution
· From any country, including the United States
· 21 years of age and older
*Interns and trainees are defined graduate students or recent graduates (within 1 year of completion) gaining supervised work experience in their field of study.
Applications are accepted year round. Applications for arrival anytime during the academic year (September to May) are reviewed weekly.
As you walk through the application portal you will be asked to submit the following:
Your name, address, date of birth, etc.
Admitted applicants will select a room for themselves after being admitted. Please explore our room types.
Please describe for us why you want to be a part of the I-House community in 300 words or less. You can also list your interests, talents and areas of expertise that you wish to share with the I-House community. (i.e. sports, music, language, dance, coding, etc.) .
Verification of status may include:
- acceptance letter for the upcoming or current semester OR
- registrar’s statement indicating full-time enrollment OR
- signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
For Interns and Trainees
- a letter from the organization or company indicating full-time status including your salary and the beginning and ending dates of your internship or training program
For Visiting Scholars
- a letter from your university or institution which states the full-time nature of your research OR – signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
Verification of financial information may include:
- a copy of your financial aid package from your university OR
- signed I-20 OR
- a letter from your sponsoring organization OR
- a copy of your bank statement OR
- a letter from your employer stating your salary OR
- an affidavit of support (click to download the PDF) from your parents or sponsor.
Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office:
Phone: (212) 316-8436
International House accepts applications throughout the year! Apply now to join our global community of students, scholars, and future global leaders at International House NYC!
Spring 2021 applications are still being accepted and are reviewed weekly.
Applications for the 2021-22 Academic Year and the Fall 2021 semester will be available in early March 2021.