I-House is proud to offer need based financial aid to Residents to assist with expenses. These opportunities are made possible through the generous support of corporations, foundations and individuals such as alumni and trustees. It is through this that International House is able to maintain the exceptional geographic, cultural and economic diversity that is central to the mission.
The following funds may be available for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Dodge Foundation Fund Need based awards of up to $3,000 will be made to Residents from the Middle East or studying Middle Eastern Studies.
- Freunde des International House Fund Need based awards of up to $2,500 will be made to Residents from under-represented developing countries, from countries experiencing conflict and/or Residents who are citizens of Germany. This fund was established in 1990 by Freunde des International House, e.V., the Germany-based International House pan-European alumni chapter, and is supported through donations from Alumni and friends in Europe.
- Lesley H. Gelb Fund Supports students in the fields of Journalism and International Affairs. Mr. Gelb had a long and distinguished career as a correspondent and columnist for The New York Times, then served as senior Defense and State Department official. Award amount is up to $2,000 depending on need.
- Mitsui USA Foundation Fund Awards of $5,000 will be made to Residents who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Made possible by The Mitsui USA Foundation, the program was developed to foster educational efforts that promote international understanding and closer U.S.-Japan relations. Qualified applicants should have strong communication skills and an interest in international affairs or business.
- The Thea Petschek Iervolino Foundation Awards of $7,500 each to Residents studying art, 2 residents studying music and 1 resident studying education. Thea Petschek Iervolino, ‘48 was an avid patron of the arts and International House. She has expressed her life-long commitment to International House in various ways including the generous support allowing for financial aid awards.
There is one application for all of the funds listed above.
Although you may be eligible for more than one it is only possible to receive one.
DEADLINE: May 31, 2020
Due to the financial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic all funds may not be available and available funds may be limited.