I-House is proud to offer need based financial aid to Residents to assist with expenses. These opportunities are made possible through the generous support of corporations, foundations and individuals such as alumni and trustees. It is through this that International House is able to maintain the exceptional geographic, cultural and economic diversity that is central to the mission.
The following funds are available for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Dodge Foundation Fund Need based awards of up to $3,000 will be made to Residents from the Middle East or studying Middle Eastern Studies.
- The Haberman Fund – Awards of up to $3000 will be made to Residents demonstrating financial need. The fund was established by I-House alumna Phyllis Haberman to assist Residents with their financial needs while living at I-House.
- Mitsui USA Foundation Fund Awards of $5,000 will be made to Residents who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Made possible by The Mitsui USA Foundation, the program was developed to foster educational efforts that promote international understanding and closer U.S.-Japan relations. Qualified applicants should have strong communication skills and an interest in international affairs or business.
- The Thea Petschek Iervolino Foundation Awards of $7,500 each to Residents studying art, 2 residents studying music and 1 resident studying education. Thea Petschek Iervolino, ‘48 was an avid patron of the arts and International House. She has expressed her life-long commitment to International House in various ways including the generous support allowing for financial aid awards.
- The Charles and Laurene Wu McClain ‘66 Fund – Awards of up to $3500 will be made to Residents demonstrating financial need. Charles and Laurene Wu McClain ’66 met and married at I-House and have been long-time supporters of International House. All applicants are considered with priority given to those from California, Hawaii or to those studying music.
There is one application for all of the funds listed above.
Although you may be eligible for more than one it is only possible to receive one.
DEADLINE: 12pm EST September 1, 2020
Due to the financial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic all funds may not be available and available funds may be limited.