International House offers a welcoming community of approximately 700 students and interns from around the globe and provides a wide variety of programs and activities. Facilities include a dining room, gymnasium, fitness center, computer lab, music practice rooms and study centers. Summer Interns, students, scholars looking for summer housing in New York City are encouraged to apply.
- Full-time students enrolled within 6 months of the summer session
- Full-time interns or trainees
- Visiting scholars with an invitation from an NYC area academic institution
- From any country, including the United States
- 18 years of age and older
- Minimum stay of 30 consecutive days
Summer applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and eligibility requirements differ from those during the academic year.
Room Types and Rates
The House is comprised of two adjacent buildings known as I-House South and I-House North. All bedrooms are furnished, single occupancy private residential rooms. The rates vary according to factors such as size, floor and view. The fees paid by Residents pay only a portion of the cost to operate International House. The difference is made up through generous donations from alumni, corporations, foundations, and friends.
There are 500 bedrooms, average size of 8’x11′ (2.4m x 3.4m) Each floor has shared single-sex bathroom facilities on the floor.
I-House North is an apartment-style building with furnished studio and one-bedroom apartments and 3, 4 or 5 bedroom apartment suites.
These rates are effective at the start of the summer session and are subject to change.
Applications for summer housing will be available in Spring 2019.
If you are looking for NYC summer group housing, please contact the Office of Admissions.
As you walk through the application portal you will be asked to submit the following:
Your name, address, date of birth, etc.
You will indicate your preferences in order. Please explore our room types.
Verification of status may include:
- acceptance letter for the upcoming or current semester OR
- registrar’s statement indicating full-time enrollment OR
- signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
For Interns and Trainees
- a letter from the organization or company indicating full-time status including your salary and the beginning and ending dates of your internship or training program
For Visiting Scholars
- a letter from your university or institution which states the full-time nature of your research OR – signed I-20 or DS-2019 form
Verification of financial information may include:
- a copy of your financial aid package from your university OR
- signed I-20 OR
- a letter from your sponsoring organization OR
- a copy of your bank statement OR
- a letter from your employer stating your salary OR
- an affidavit of support (click to download the PDF) from your parents or sponsor.
Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office
Phone: (212) 316-8436 · Email: email@example.com
Office hours: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (E.S.T.), Monday through Friday.