April 15 to August 20
International House offers a welcoming community of students and interns from around the globe. Opportunities for professional and personal growth abound; through a variety of programs and activities within the House, Summer Residents are challenged to share and explore the wide diversity of opinion and experiences found across the I-House community. The daily interactions, along with our exclusive summer programming, help build the core values of Respect, Empathy and Moral Courage that characterize the I-House Experience.
Summer Interns, students and scholars looking for safe, flexible summer housing in New York City and an immersive experience of fun and globally-minded leadership training are encouraged to apply.
During the summer, I-House programs are planned to build community among the Residents. The events planned are designed to get Residents acquainted with each other and with New York City. You never have to explore NYC alone!
- Full-time students, interns or visiting scholars
- From any country, including the United States
- 18 years of age and older
- I-House New York alumni
- Minimum stay of 30 consecutive days
Summer applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Room Rates and Fees
At this time, due to COVID-19, I-House South remains closed for the summer. We are happy to be able to offer spaces in I-House North, which offers private apartments and apartment suites. To view photos and floor plans, please visit our Room Photo Gallery.
Other required fees are:
- $70 non-refundable application fee
- Refundable security deposit – one month’s room fees based on the room type assigned
- Cafeteria – take out meals available 3 days a week through June
- Gymnasium (closed)
- Rooftop decks with stunning views of NYC (closed)
- Computer lab
- Fitness center (closed)
- Music practice rooms
- Patio overlooking Sakura and Riverside Parks (closed)
- Study center
Questions?? Please contact the Admissions Office:
Phone: (212) 316-8436 Email: email@example.com