- Variety of programs and activities to build community and friendships
- Easy billing and payment options
- Flexible arrival and departure dates
- Convenient location with easy access to public transportation
- Secure building located in safe neighborhood
- Minimum age of 18
I-House has been a popular choice for student/intern housing during the summer for more than 90 years. Current and former partners include New York Life, Viacom, New York Lyric Opera, Bank Street College, The Schomburg Center, University of Texas at Austin and Monash University, among others.
The I-House Experience includes a variety of room types and amenities, and most importantly, inclusion within a diverse community of students and interns and a worldwide network of Alumni.
Room types and amenities include:
• furnished single occupancy rooms with a shared dorm-style bathroom
• furnished single occupancy rooms in a 3-5 bedroom apartment suite
• furnished studio apartments
• furnished one bedroom apartments
- Full-service cafeteria
- Fitness center and gymnasium
- Rooftop terrace with sweeping views of the Hudson River
- Lounges on each floor
- Laundry room
- Pub and Game room
- Study spaces
- Music practice rooms (extra fee applies)
- Community kitchen (extra fee applies)
At International House our temporary staff and summer interns get much more than just housing. They get to live in a rich, multicultural environment. Almost daily our employees have access to free, top notch events. For temporary accommodations for our employees, there is no place in New York quite like it.
Theresa Powell, AVP/Human Resources, DZ Bank
During the summer session, all Residents must be students or interns at least 18 years old.
For stays of 30 days or more:
- $35 application fee per person*
- $500 refundable security deposit per room*
- Room fees ($1300 per month for I-House South; $1550-$2500 per month for I-House North)
- $5.75 per day meal plan per person
* These are reduced rates when I-House bills an organization for these fees. If the individual pays these are $70 and $1200 respectively.
Demand for summer housing at I-House is high so we recommend that start the process as early as possible. Once confirmed we ask for a deposit and the names of the individuals in the group one month prior to arrival.