For more than 90 years, International House has invited individuals from across the globe to live, learn and grow together through an experience that prepares them to join and lead the conversations that will change the world.
The I-House Experience imparts lessons that must be lived to be learned and are not available in any book or classroom.
The I-House Experience is world renowned and will give back for a lifetime.
- Home to a vibrant community of competitively selected scholars and young professionals from around the world who are challenged to become globally-minded leaders in business, the arts, politics and more.
- A living example of how people can live, learn, and connect with each other regardless of politics, media spin, and other learned ideologies.
- A values-based culture built on the core values of respect, empathy, and moral courage.
- A welcoming environment where diversity is celebrated and that aims to positively advance understanding among different cultures and points of view.
- An active global network of incredibly accomplished colleagues and friends that includes Nobel Prize winners, heads of state, CEOs, and award-winning authors, actors, and musicians.
I-House at a Glance
- Opened in September 1924, predating the United Nations by 21 years.
- Home to approximately 700 Resident members from more than 100 countries.
- Grants more than $600,000 annually in need-based financial aid and merit-based fellowships.
- Offers several prestigious fellowships and leadership training for selected Residents as part of the I-House Experience.
- Additional programming includes an international documentary film screening series, guest lectures, workshops and seminars, Resident musical and dance performances, cultural celebrations, language exchange classes and local and overnight trips to historic destinations.
- Competitive admissions application process to select the best future global leaders