Each International House staff member, regardless of position or department/unit, contributes directly to the success of our institution in achieving our vision, mission and goals. Our work is grounded in our values of Respect, Empathy and Moral Courage.
I-House seeks to be a supportive and encouraging workplace for all its staff and is always looking for new opportunities to enhance its employees’ personal and professional growth.
We pride ourselves in offering an excellent benefits package to all eligible employees (top tier health insurance, retirement benefits, numerous additional voluntary benefit options and generous Paid Time Off benefits). Staff members of International House are also eligible for membership with the United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU).
To further enhance the I-House employee experience, we provide a staff wellness program, staff discount in the Dining Hall, use of the I-House Fitness Center, educational assistance for staff pursuing their first degree or ESL classes, summer Fridays work schedule and a variety of staff-exclusive events and opportunities throughout the year. (To ensure the health and safety of our staff and residents, certain of these activities and benefits are suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Position Title: Development Associate
Office: Development, Alumni Relations & Communications
Reports to: Director of Alumni Relations
This role will assist in the planning, production, implementation, and analysis of activities related to fundraising, alumni relations, and growth of the organization’s visibility and engagement with multiple constituencies. Working closely with the Communications Lead and other Development team members, projects will include the development and distribution of various materials for print, digital, social media and more channels. The Associate will play a vital role in increasing the visibility and standing of International House—helping us cultivate our worldwide reputation as an institution that attracts international scholars of the highest caliber and imparts in them a highly prized set of global leadership skills and valued membership into a lifelong community.
- Alumni Relations
- Respond to inquiries, and traffic requests by phone and social media channels
- Research and contact lapsed alumni to update information
- Assist with other correspondence as necessary
- Event Management
- Set up virtual Alumni events (Zoom), from registration through reporting
- Support in-person events hosted by I-House: agenda, invitations, logistics, execution
- Assist Alumni chapters/groups worldwide with hosting their own events
- Content Development
- Write copy, select photos and images for print & digital distribution
- Interact with residents, alumni, staff for profiles & stories
- Collect and consolidate cross-departmental content for newsletters
- Design and layout marketing and presentation materials
- Create videos, memes, and campaigns for e-mails & social media
- Website & Social Media Management
- Support day-to-day website updates
- Establish calendar of regular posts on social media channels
- Monitor channels and engage users as I-House
- General Administrative Support
- Process payment orders, invoices, payroll
- Schedule meetings and calls
- Order supplies and equipment
- Organize & upload content to Digital Asset Management system
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training & experience in duties above
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as part of a small Development/Communications team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
- Experience with Raisers Edge or similar database platform
- Skills and interest in Graphic Design and Video, comfort with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and video editing tools strongly preferred
- In-depth understanding of best practices for social media management and email marketing tools and techniques.
- The position is located primarily onsite at I-House and will require occasional lifting of 20lbs+
- As all I-House staff are mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, proof of vaccination and agreement to our I-House Health Compact will be required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative problem-solver able to get things done efficiently and accurately
- Organized, responsive and flexible, with the ability to shift between creative and administrative projects as needed
- Self-starter comfortable working as part of a small team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The application deadline is October 8, 2021 (or until the position is filled).
International House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, International House complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. International House expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please check back for updates.