Safety Is Our Priority
International House is deeply committed to ensuring the health and safety of our community. Updates will be posted here as well as the precautionary measures and protocols we are implementing to minimize the risk of exposure among our in-House population of Residents and Staff.
ALL RESIDENT MEMBERS AND GUESTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION BEFORE JOINING THE COMMUNITY.
International House is following a “isolate in place” COVID-19 Policy for all Resident Members. Please review the important takeaways of this policy:
It is strongly encouraged for resident members who test positive to immediately notify the Claremont Desk by calling 212.316.8448. Informing staff enables I-House to track case numbers and provide relevant information and timely updates as needed. The Claremont Desk will provide resident members with the Isolate in Place guidelines.
If a Resident Member tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to isolate in place in accordance with COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Isolating in place means isolating within the Resident Member’s room in I-House South, within the member’s individual room in a multi-bedroom suite in the North Building, or in the member’s studio or one-bedroom apartment in the North Building.
- Resident Members in isolation should not leave their space except for essential tasks such as to use the bathroom, obtain medical care, or to obtain food or medicine. Masks are required to be worn during these essential tasks. No exceptions.
- Resident Members in isolation are not allowed to attend any I-House programs or events.
- Failure to comply with active COVID-19 policies is a violation of the I-House Code of Conduct and can result in a disciplinary action.
What to Expect During the Pandemic
I-House is committed to continuing to fulfill the mission of I-House by providing a meaningful living and learning experience for the postgraduate students, interns and trainees who join our global community. We will continue to follow city, state and federal guidance and will update the community as needed with changes in protocols. These protocols include:
- Masks are optional for all Resident Members and Staff. All community members are expected to respect the personal choice to wear or not wear a mask within I-House.
- All Resident Members must submit proof of vaccination during the admissions process.
- All guests must show proof of vaccination at the Claremont Desk upon entry.
- Hand Sanitizer stations have been placed throughout I-House.
- All high-touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected multiple times daily.
What to do if I test positive for COVID-19 while living at I-House
Please contact the Admissions Office team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.