Resident Leader Fellows plan, develop, and implement diverse areas of programming for the I-House community as described below. They work together as a team with Programs Office staff throughout the year to plan programs that create interaction among residents. Fellows also help develop and run community programs for the House in conjunction with Programs Office staff. All Resident Leader Fellows are expected to help during I-House’s legacy events and are expected to demonstrate leadership across the House.
Resident Leader Fellowships are given to residents that have already lived at International House for an academic year.
2023-2024 Resident Leaders Fellowship Program
The I-House Fellowship is a full academic year leadership training program. Fellows will participate in trainings that broaden their skill sets and implement these lessons by serving as I-House resident member leaders and event organizers. For the 2023-24 academic year, all fellows will serve as both floor leaders and have programmatic responsibilities.
A strong Fellowship candidate will have the following skills:
- Works well with others and is willing to collaborate with a range of resident members, staff members, and community-based organizations.
- Takes initiative, finds creative solutions, and is willing to help out wherever and whenever it is needed.
- Is timely, organized, and can prioritize multiple competing priorities.
Some fellowship expectations include:
- 1 monthly community-building event for your floor
- 1 I-House community event per semester (as the lead)
- 2 I-House community events per semester as support
- 2 PRL events per semester as support
- Attend leadership trainings and workshops
- Serve as a resource to resident members and provide them with guidance and support
- Know I-House policies and reporting mechanism while embodying I-House values (respect, empathy and moral courage).
Please note that if you are selected to be a fellow, you must be living at I-House by August 16, 2023 and be a resident in good standing.
The application deadline has passed for the Resident Leaders Fellowships.